Finished and Published Works
I have finished various works in the past. But since the pressure was not high, publication hasn't been my focus. Now that I have entered the realm of research I will have more works published and share them with similar mind. These include some works done before. But still there are many which are not suitable for publication, at least for the moment, for various reasons. Here is a selected list arranged by different areas.
Computer Science and Engineering
- Novell eDirectory, 1999-2005: Participated in the development of several major releases.
- LogLogic, 2006-2010: Led the development of several releases of the international version and participated in a couple of releases of the core version.
- Yanfeng Lu, "Methods, Data Structures, and Systems to Access Data in Cross-Languages from Cross-Computing Environments," US Patent #7,225,222, submitted 2002 & issued 2007; US Patent #7,634,537, submitted 2007 & issued 2009.
- Multi-Lingual Speech Synthesis System
Master Thesis at PKU
- Yanfeng Lu, "The Reference of a Proper Name: On Kripke's Naming Theory," Chinese version published in Graduate Students' Journal of Peking University, 1995. PDF
Seminar Papers at UConn
- "Goldman's Theory of Justification," 1995. PDF
- "Underdetermination and Scientific Realism," 1996.
- "Absent Qualia and Functionalism," 1996.
- "Why Do We Need to Explain All Phenomena with Physical Laws?" 1996.
- "Communal Justification, Role Identity and Political Obligation," 1996. PDF
- "Social Laws and Individual Autonomy," 1997.
- "Hume on Abstract Ideas," 1997.
Dissertation at KIT
- Yanfeng Lu, Technology in an Alternative Modernity, 2013. The electronic version of the dissertation was published by KIT library, which can be accessed through the following link: http://digbib.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/volltexte/1000033896. For an overview here are the Table of Contents & Introduction.
- Formal book version, 2015. Excerpt.
Philosophy Essay Series
- 《哲人之邀》：倾情雅典娜 | 父子对辩 | 宗教将会消亡？ | 漫游智慧王国
- 《文化探秘》：四种不同的文化 | 文化的四个象限 | 五种不同的宗教 | 巫师的文化与基督的文化
- 《凤凰涅槃》：国学热的来龙去脉 | 中国传统文化和西方现代性的综合 | 西方现代性的发生性解构 | 中华文化的第二次复兴
- 冯友兰《贞元六书》评论：解析的哲学与诗性的哲学 | 人的四个境界
- 《追问科学》：从科玄论战到科学之战 | 亚里士多德的幽灵 | 不屈服的华佗 | 新游戏的潜规则
- 《追问技术》：爱因斯坦和爱迪生的历史性对话 | 一种特殊的创造活动 | 乌托邦还是世界末日 | 工具还是主宰
- 中国科技：“四大发明”的缘起 | 破解李约瑟难题
I take photos in landscape, architecture, portraiture and still life (esp. flower).
- Two of them were published in the Journal of the Photographic Society of America (PSA), July & August 2005.
- Other photos were accepted by several International Salon Exhibitions sponsored by PSA.
- Yanfeng Lu, Fall in Love with Photography《爱上摄影》, 2010. Table of Contents
Newsletter and Photo Essays
- In 2005, I edited several issues of the official Newsletter of the Wasatsch Camera Club Through the Lens in Salt Lake City and contributed various essays to it. Here is a sample issue.
- "Notes on Photography," 2015. PDF
- Photography Essay Series:《影窥世界》《影游美西》《影忆欧陆》《影映狮城》
《回归三部曲 Return Trilogy》 was written during my last days in the US. It's a bilingual mixture work of poetry and drama. Since then I have written dozens of poems in Chinese, English and German, which are collected in the following anthologies:
- 《初涉诗坛》, 2006-2009: A collection of 20 earliest poems by me.
- Die Deutsche Sammlung, 2010-2013: A collection of 29 poems written in Germany.
- First Encounter with the Lion City, 2013-
- Hermann Hesse
- William Yeats
- "On Yeats's Sailing to Byzantium," 2005.
- "Notes on Poetry," 2014. PDF
- Poetry Essay Series
- "My 30 Years of Thought Development," 2014. PDF
- Education Essay Series
- Life Essay Series
- Culture & History Essay Series
- Deutsches Tagebuch 2010-2013: A 500K character diary recording my thoughts and feelings in Germany.